Many of us think of our lives as boringly normal, while others live the high life. Take a step back, and take a look at your life as an outsider might. Now, tell us at least six unique, exciting, or just plain odd things about yourself.
There’s the saying that goes, “Tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are.” As such, the following perceptions of who I am, apart from how I perceive myself, are based on how I think my friends perceive who am I. Confusing? It’s the application of empathy for the purpose of self-discovery and affirmation, though not completely accurate. 🙂
Ergo, Recis Dempayos is:
- serious most of the time, but lightens up a whole lot around people he knows very well.
- gets upset and furious when being made fun of, joked of, and laughed at.
- a determined, accomplished, and on-going real-life “biggest loser.”
- has been and will mostly be a loner.
- full of himself and will show off things he knows very well.
- usually harsh when it comes to people he doesn’t like.
- very kind and understanding to family and friends.
My take on the above perceptions:
- Not true! I do try to be less “serious” around people, specially those who I feel are trying to befriend me. I think my problem is I don’t usually smile around these people, so I come off as someone who’s grumpy. 😦
- True! But mostly, I just walk away in such instances. Deep inside though, I still ache. I’m trying to toughen up more.
- True, except for “accomplished.” I still need to lose a certain amount of fat.
- True. I’m an only child and “loneliness knows me by name”, figuratively. I don’t look at loneliness negatively like almost all people would, though. It’s actually relaxing to be able to have a lot of time for yourself dedicated to achieving self-order.
- True. 😛 ‘Nuff said. *suddenly embarrassed*
- True … but I’m trying to be kind and understanding.
- A big TRUE! Love my family and friends! 🙂
How about you, dear reader? How do you think other people perceive you? Take up the blogging prompt (through the “via” link) and post your blog posts as a comment below. 🙂