I was a pimply guy in high school and in college. Well, not really overflowing with pimples and acne, but I did go through a phase of overactive sebaceous glands with pore-filled skin. I don’t know where I heard it, but someone said that once teenagers become young adults (ages 18 to 39), pimples and acne start to fade.
With what I’m going through now, I beg to DISAGREE!!
Yes, as of now, I have a pimply face. Oh they may be just a handful (seven), but they’re still there! And they will stay there for more than two months! Arrgggh!! I say two months because once the pimples dry out, they leave scars that take such time before they are completely gone.
The worst part of having pimples?
Their placement on your face! Below or at the corner of your lip, on your forehead, on your cheeks, and *shudder* at the TIP OF YOUR NOSE! Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer, anyone?
To counter these facial attacks, I do the following measures:
- Washing my face with an anti-pimple soap (Defensil), then with a gentle facial wash (Celeteque). In both washes, I use ONLY warm water.
- Using a toner (Master Facial Toner) after washing.
- Applying tretinoin (UK Derm eRAse) to affected areas.
- Allowing the tretinoin to dry out.
- Applying facial moisturizing cream (Vaseline Men Face Antispot Whitening).
Hopefully, my face will be cleared up again before February. Valentine’s, you know.
Additionally, I do the following precautionary measures:
- Ensuring that my pillows, bed covers, and blankets are dust-free.
- Avoiding touching my face; for extra precaution, I make sure my hands are clean most of the time.
- Washing my hair for it to be dust-free — I have medium-length hair now, which will touch the outer areas of my face.
- Regularly dabbing (not wiping or scrubbing) off oil from my face using clean oil-absorbent paper sheets (Gatsby).
- Giving myself a facial scrub once or twice a week. At those times, I don’t use a toner nor apply retinol on my face.
- Staying under the shade most of the time to avoid direct UV radiation.
- Closing the windows of jeepneys, taxis and cars whenever I ride them in urban areas.
Wish me luck.
P.S.: You may follow the measures stated above if you’re going through the same problem as I have. You may tweak it to your own convenience. 😀