As I was going around the Pinoy blogosphere, I came across this prayer brigade (through Callcenterguy’s blog) that aspires for GOD’s guidance in choosing the right successive Philippine President. I had to pitch in and so, here is my prayer. I fashioned it in the style that our high school counselor taught us on how to make a prayer: First, praise GOD. Second, give thanks. Third, ask for forgiveness. Fourth, pray for someone. Lastly, pray for yourself.
I exalt YOU for the amazing things that YOU present me every day. I believe that all that goes on in my life is within YOUR plan. Every detail—that has happened, is now taking place, and will occur—is patterned out. This fact puts me at peace; all praise is definitely to YOU alone.
Thank YOU so much for the experiences, lessons, and opportunities that YOU have given me. Thank YOU for the blessings, forgiveness, guidance, and healing. Thanks very much for being there in every phase of my life. Most of all, thank YOU for directing me to this blog prayer brigade that asks for YOUR guidance in choosing the next rightful leader of our homeland. Thank YOU oh so much for convincing and pushing me to be a part of it.
Forgive me, LORD, for my wrong thoughts, desires, and actions. Forgive my countrymen who continue with everyday wrongdoings or offenses to YOU. Forgive us Filipinos for our ignorance and misplaced stubbornness. Forgive us if we are set apart from YOU and are indifferent to one another because of blood feuds, culture, language, physical obstructions, philosophies, and religions. For every transgression, we ask for YOUR pardon.
LORD, I pray that YOU would grant each and every Filipino the guidance to choose the right paths and to make the right decisions. Most of us don’t know what to do and are lost on the roads of life. Shine a light, LORD, on what we should do, where we should walk, when we should traverse it, and how we would do it. Principally, help us to understand why it should be done. I ask this especially now that the 2010 Presidential elections are fast approaching. Guide us to choose not the good, rather, the right President for our country—someone who embodies YOUR Word; and in doing so, would maneuver us to progress. Do not allow us to be blinded by mere ads & representations and endorsements by the famous. Help us to protect our votes, our decisions, from unscrupulous buyers, cheaters, and the corrupt. Help us to maintain the integrity of the 2010 elections. Guide every Pinoy to be proactive in the elections. I pray that they we will understand and take up our roles and be part of this progressive movement in Philippine history.
LORD, I pray for peaceful elections. I pray that family and social wars related to politics would cease. I pray that people will respect and accept life and the occurrences that YOU allow to happen. I pray for tranquility for the victims of political violence and for the families they have left behind—specifically those killed in the Maguindanao mass murders. I pray that the executioners will follow their conscience and answer to their wrong deeds.
LORD, YOU alone are the leader of our homeland. In the end, every decision, act, and outcome is in YOUR control. YOU will always be the Father of the Philippines, now and forever and ever.
I was supposed to post this last Tuesday, but with the recent news on the Maguidanao massacre, I felt that I had to change the prayer that I composed then to fit the current situation. I posted the prayer on the sidebar, hopefully to inspire other Pinoy bloggers who go here to do the same. I’ve tagged nine Pinoy bloggers to join this prayer brigade (also found on the sidebar), and am looking for others to add to the list.
Here is my pledge:
I, Rogue|Hero support the cause of the Blog Prayer Brigade for the Election of the Future President of the Republic of the Philippines and I do solemnly promise to recite the prayer, which I wrote, in my own convenient time and regularly as possible until the 2010 Presidential Election commences. Let it be written, let it be done.
I tag the following bloggers whom I have never met to do the same in their blogs and in their daily prayers:
I also tag the following bloggers whom I know or have come to know:
If you would like to take part in this, simply do the following:
1. Write a short, sincere and meaningful prayer, (in your own words and according to the customs of your religious affiliation) about asking God in guiding our country and fellowmen in choosing the right candidate to vote for in the coming 2010 Philippine Presidential Elections. It can be in your own vernacular, and can be short and long as you please. Remember, the goal of the prayer is not only for Peaceful Election but most of all “for the guidance of choosing the right Presidential candidate to vote in the election”
2, Publish the prayer for everyone to Read in your blog.
3. Go to the Blog Prayer Brigade Main Page which is located here, and get one of the badges or banners for the brigade. Place the badge or banner in your Sidebar until the 2010 Presidential Elections commence.
4. Make an oath by filling the blank below with your handle/or name
I, _____________________(name) support the cause of the Blog Prayer Brigade for the Election of the Future President of the Republic of the Philippines and I do solemnly promise to recite the prayer, which I wrote, in my own convenient time and regularly as possible until the 2010 Presidential Election commences. Let it be written, let it be done.
5. Tag at least 7 Pinoy bloggers you know who haven’t done this before so that the prayer will spread wherever there is a Pinoy blogger present.
6. Keep you promise of praying for the Presidential Election so that God may guide us in choosing the right leader for our country.
7. In January 2010, we will gather all the names and prayers of each participants and publish all their prayers in one blog. We will also feature in the blog the most beautiful prayer ever composed in this project.